Friday 12 November 2010

Pinhole and Plastic Book


I'm feeling more relaxed now, my exhibition is up and my book is out and getting some nice feedback, I haven't done as much promoting as I should or could have done but now I have a bit more time on my hands to do that. It took me a while to put together and I left the book to brew for a few months, I think it's a good thing to do as you come back to the book with fresh eyes and a new perspective. Some images remained and others were removed, the theme was narrowed down to give more focus and hopefully the final result is something intimate that people will want. The hard back version,though I say so myself is beautiful, blurb's production on the print is great.




The majority of the images are centred around the beach I grew up on, so I have a strong emotional connection with this area. The fleeting nature of the human figure in this landscape is what interests me, the beach has not changed much over the years but I wonder how many lives this piece of coast has had an impact on. The images contained within these pages hope to capture that transcience of the figure, the lack of impact, fortunately, that we have on this landscape.

A lot of the images if you follow my flickr or lomo homes you will be familiar with but there are also new ones in there.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This looks like a very beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I hope that people think so! please see the link or the preview below.

    ReplyDelete